Friday 2 September 2011

A few purchases...

So today i went to Boots to pick up a few bits but ended up buying a few extra things due to the sale, No7 vouchers, etc. I just thought i'd share them with you.

Prestige Kabuki Brush

The reason i got this was because all Prestige items we half price. There wasn't much left, but i saw that the kabuki brush was £5.49 reduced to £2.75, so i decided to pick one up.


No7 eyeshadow brushes

I then reaslised i had two £5 No7 vouchers in my bag so i picked up the Eyeshadow blend and contour brush and the Smokey eyeliner brush, which reminds me of a pencil brush.
Both brushes were £7.25, i paid £2.25.

17 makeup items

I printed off a voucher from one of the small machines in the store which gave you a free 17 shine on lipstick with any 17 product you buy.
I was on the lookout for a sheer/lightweight foundation as the Revlon colourstay was too heavy as my skin has been quite dry lately even thought its normally really oily. I decided to pick up the sheer moisture foundation in light. However when i got it home and tried it out i realised that it is quite orange and tends to get stuck in/on any imperfections so i don't think i'll be wearing it very often, if i do i'll have to mix it with my Revlon colourstay.

 

I then went to choose a free shine on lipstick but all of them seemed to be frosted which i don't like. However then i found a pink colour called Flirty which looked normal. When i got home i tested it and realised that it looks really similar to Beehive by 17 from the MirrorShine range, but this was alot more pigmented;


 Beehive is more sheer, so i prefer Flirty. Here are the colours next to one another;

(Flirty left, Beehive right) 

If you like Beehive but would like a different formula i would suggest you check out Flirty.

4 comments:

  1. You got some good deals! the brushes look really good. and i love the lipstick colours!
    xoxo
    http://lucylocketinyourpocket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried 17 lipstick but they look really nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really need some eyeshadow brushes would you recommend the N07 7 ones ?? I would love you to take a peek at my blog
    Ashley
    http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have only ever tried the blending brush and i think it is great. i'm not just saying that because i got it when it was on sale. i would actually pay the full price for it. ive washed mine twice sincei got it and about two hairs have fallen out so it is a great brush to get if you don't want to pay so much for the mac ones. I'm about to check your blog out now :) xx

    ReplyDelete